Destination: Pelorus/Orpheus Island
‘Challenging’ and ‘rewarding’ best describes the RAD Rescue Diver course, this course will expand your knowledge and experience level. Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well-being of other divers. Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. Many divers say this is the best course they’ve ever taken.
To start your rescue adventure you need to complete a first aid course or withhold a first aid qualification (which meets Australian standards HLTFA311A Apply First Aid or equivalent) Check out the link below or the first aid tab on our website for more information on our nationally accredited First Aid Courses.
On completion of your first aid course, it's time to begin your resuce diver course!
- Complete the rescue diver manual and knowlege reviews
- Complete the Oxygen Provider (O2) Course with RAD
- Attend an afternoon theory session with RAD
- Practice your resuce diver skills in the pool over an afternoon with RAD
Now that all the pre-requisite course study is completed you are now able to attend one of our dive safaris where you will complete your open water rescue scenarios and in turn become a certified Rescue Diver.
At completion of your course you will recieve both the Nationally acreditted SISOSCB306A Perform Diver Rescues qualification (AQTF certification) and the internationally acredited PADI Rescue Diver qualifaction
Our prices include these RAD Extras:
- Statement of Attainment for SISOSCB306A Perform Diver Rescues & PADI Rescue Diver certifcations
- Oxygen Provider (02) Certification - VU20298 Apply Oxygen Resuscitation
- Reef Taxes
- Gear hire, (diving, snorkelling, stinger/wetsuit)
- Dive manuals
- Transfers to and from your safari
- Meals and accommodation while on safari
Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy
- A deposit of $150.00 is requested to hold your reservation.
- Full forfeiture of deposit if cancelling within 7 days of the trip or training manuals are used.
- Full forfeiture of total cost if canceling within 24 hours of departure.
- Full Forfieture of monies paid if course is not completed with 12 months, exceptions are Australian Defence force personal on overseas deployment.
- Full refund will be given if trip cancelled due to medical reasons upon presentation of a medical certificate.
- Remote Area Dive reserves the right to cancel trips due to adverse weather conditions, rebooking, referal or partial refund will be offered.
- Nationally acreditted SISOSCB306A Perform Diver Rescues Statement of Attainment is subject to prerequistes being meet at assesment
Make an Enquiry