Want to know about how your dive gear works? Then the PADI Equipment Specialist course is for you. This course familiarizes you with the operation and maintenance of your dive equipment. The more you know about how your gear works, the more comfortable you are with it, the more performance you get from it and the better you can care for it.
- Must be a PADI Scuba Diver or Junior Scuba Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Reviews the theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
- No dives are required, so you can take the Equipment Specialist course any time of the year
- The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is not an equipment repair course, but it provides the foundation you’ll want if you’re interested in learning equipment repair
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
For more information on becoming a PADI Equipment Specialist, please contact us today.
Make an Enquiry