Become a Search and Recovery Diver with Remote Area Dive.
Sometimes People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you've ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the SDI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
What can you learn from this course?
This specialty is designed to acquaint the diver with special skills and techniques necessary to successfully plan, execute and evaluate a search and recovery dives.
What will you do in this course?
The Search & Recovery Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
· Natural navigation
· Limited visibility diving
· Search techniques
· Salvage techniques
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
· Review compass techniques
· Review search techniques
· Practice and perform different search patterns
· Review lifting techniques
· Recover an object from depth
· Salvage and recovery of an object
· Simulate scuba emergency using a minimum of 2 searching techniques
· 18 years, however, you can learn from the age of 15 with written parental consent
· Must hold an Open Water Diver certification, or equivalent
Duration of the course is 1 day.
· 2 Open Water Dives
Day #1 – Dive Trip 6am to around 5pm (Land Drills, Dives #1 & #2)
In order to participate in any dive course, you will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire. If you answer YES to any of the questions on the statement you MUST provide Remote Area Dive with a Dive Medical which is within 12 months of the commencement of the course prior to beginning the course. A Dive Medical is also required if you are 45 years or above.