Discover the Great Palm Islands
Our day trips run regular to Pelorus and Orpheus Islands with some of the best diversity the Great Barrier Reef has to offer! Located on Orpheus Island is the Orpheus Island Research Station, a marine research facility operated by James Cook University. Internationally renowned Marine Scientists perform vital study on climate change, sea level rise, and their possible implications on the local reef and ecosystems during various periods of the year.
All our sites offer their own unique features with no two sites being the same. Depths average 5-20m, so there is something here for divers and snorkelers alike, regardless of experience level. For those that are looking to get a dive certification, we offer everything from discover scuba diving right through to professional levels. We have courses running every weekend as well for those wishing to take the first step into their diving adventures or continue their diving qualifications.
With all the indulgences Pelorus Island has to offer, our day trip is the perfect chance to unwind and escape the hustle and bustle of city living. The pace on these trips is relaxed, so rest assured there will be plenty of time to explore this pristine environment.
❖ Note: Discover Scuba Diving bookings must be enquired with over the phone or in store. Subject to availability. For all bookings requiring gear hire, we will be in contact with you to retrieve the right details to gear you up comfortably.
- We depart Remote Area Dive at 6:00am
- 1.5hr transfer to Lucinda to meet our dive boat
- Quick stop to purchase breakfast and coffee if desired ($10-$15 should cover you nicely for this)
- 30min boat ride over to the islands
- Dive brief – let’s go diving
- 2 dives for certified divers (tanks and weights included)
- Enjoy surface intervals with a light lunch and beverages (tea, coffee, soup) provided
- 4.00pm return to Townsville
- Weights and tanks
- Lunch & refreshments
Gear (hire available for additional cost)