Dive the famous S.S. Yongala with Remote Area Dive
Before the Titanic, the SS Yongala sailed the seas until a cyclone sank it off of the coast of Ayr near Townsville.
It is the largest intact ship wreck in Australia and home to large numbers and sizes of marine life including turtles, rays, sea snakes, gropers, sharks and fish.
We guarantee you'll see more fish on the Yongala than you did in your last 5 dives all together.
You’ll experience a multitude of marine life and a glimpse of the diversity the ocean has to offer. With different types of hard and soft corals and fish that seem to be on steroids you won’t know on what to focus on. It is like a bustling city down there, only the inhabitants are fish, sharks, turtles, rays, eels, snakes and even dolphins and whales during the right season.
Your Day Includes:
- Full day trip including 2 certified dives on the spectacular Yongala Wreck
- Tanks and weights
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- EMC’s (Environmental Management Charges) and site mooring fees
- Site briefings
- Environmental education
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment