The TDI Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures (or Helitrox) Instructor combined program is one of our signature programs and is probably the most challenging yet rewarding course you will do in your entire diving career, why?
We take an instructor that can teach deep and nitrox diver and turn them into an instructor that can comfortably teach students to plan, prepare and execute full decompression dives as deep a 45 meters and wearing up to four cylinders filled with Air or Helitrox, Nitrox 50%, and 100% oxygen.
Our Instructor Trainers are leaders in the industry, with all of them being experienced TRIMIX divers and some of them being Advanced Mixed Gas CCR divers with experience diving deeper than 130 meters. They are all extremely passionate about technical diving with an emphasis on doing the small things well.
We don't believe in teaching to the minimum standards and put the extra effort in to ensure you have a broad range of skills and techniques to get yourself out of trouble if it comes your way. Any diver can plummet down to 45 meters, rack up some deco and haul their way back up an anchor or shit line whilst following their computer. The difference between those divers and you after these courses is when something goes wrong, you will have the right tools in your toolkit to get out unscathed. You will be exposed to problems so realistic on these courses that you most likely won't even realize they are just a drill, giving you the best training that ensures you are familiar with the visual, situational and stress cues that are associated with a real problem on a decompression dive.
On completion of this course, you will be certified to teach students to conduct decompression dives to 45 meters using Air or Helitrox and at least one decompression cylinder containing up to 100% oxygen. That means with us, you will be comfortable diving with Air or Helitrox and carrying TWO decompression cylinders, containing Nitrox 50% and 100% Oxygen giving you comfort in diving to the very limit of this certification and enjoying all of the redundancy that configuration provides.
Why upgrade to Helitrox?
While you can still do a course to certify you to 55m on air (we even offer it), the diving community has generally shunned this practice as the availability and acceptance of trimix has become almost universal. Adding some helium to your bottom mix lowers your Equivalent Narcotic Depth (END) which reduces the amount of Nitrogen Narcosis you experience at a given depth. This, in turn, increases your safety as your reaction times, situational awareness, decision-making ability, and cognitive ability are less affected. The other benefit of a little helium is that it also lowers your gas density, making it easier and more efficient to breathe at depth. If you're in a cave environment and want to dive below 40m, then Trimix is mandatory by most training agencies worldwide.
PREREQUISITES TO CERTIFICATION:
- You must be certified Nitrox and Deep diver instructor
- Must have certified at least 10 Advanced adventure or Deep AND 10 nitrox divers.
- If diving sidemount you must have sidemount certification or be enrolled in a sidemount course. (Sidemount instructor is also available)
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- You will participate and assist a full course with REAL Students
- A comprehensive dive planning theory session in class
- A comprehensive equipment configuration and dry drills session
- Minimum 6 dives with at least 2 deeper than 30m and two requiring mandatory decompression.
- All dive site entry permits
- All Gases required for the course.
- Certification as a TDI Advanced Nitrox diver and Decompression Procedures or Helitrox Diver instructor (on graduation)
- Any equipment hire. All equipment is available for hire.
- TDI Member upgrade Fees and training materials.