The TDI Nitrox Gas Blender and Advanced Gas Blender courses are designed to give you the skills and knowledge to safely and accurately bled diving mixtures using Air, Nitrox and Oxygen for Nitrox Gas Blender and Air, Nitrox, Oxygen and Helium for Advanced Gas blender.
Over the course of this program, you will learn to use a fill panel, Breathing Air compressor, Gas booster pump and Continuous flow gas blender as well as a demonstration on cascade decanting. You will use all of this equipment to blend gas mixtures for yourself and customers and learn how to correctly plan and bill these mixtures to the customer.
This course is suitable for anyone just interested in how the mixes are made, home blenders and it is essential for anyone that is a dive professional.
Both courses can be added to any other diver program you are doing as the program is run in the evenings. A minimum of 2 evenings per level is required.
PREREQUISITES TO PARTICIPATION:
- You must be of sound and mature mind.
- For Advanced gas blender, you must first do nitrox gas blender. To do both just purchase both courses.
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- A comprehensive theory session in class
- A comprehensive practical session.
- All Gases required for the course.
- Certification as a Nitrox Gas Blender or Advanced Gas Blender (on graduation)
- Any fills you blend can be purchased at a discounted price or are provided to students on a course that includes fills. Otherwise, the blends are all sold in rental cylinders. (ie you have no obligation to purchase the cylinders you blended)