The TDI Oxygen (O2) Equipment Service Technician Course allows candidates the ability to engage in the preparation of scuba equipment for the use and exposure of oxygen and other mixed gasses used in technical diving. The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper procedures required for oxygen equipment cleaning.
Over the course of this program, you will learn to dismantle, inspect, clean, reassemble and then tune and test equipment in alignment with the manufacturer's recommendations.
This course IS NOT a factory servicing course and is designed to augment a diver's knowledge in service.
This course is suitable for anyone just interested in how the equipment works, how oxygen servicing works and it is essential for anyone that is a dive professional.
Both courses can be added to any other diver program you are doing as the program is run in the evenings. A minimum of 2 evenings per level is required.
PREREQUISITES TO PARTICIPATION:
- You must be of sound and mature mind.
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- A comprehensive theory session in class
- A comprehensive practical session.
- All tools and service kits
- Certification as an oxygen service technician (on graduation)
- You may service your own equipment on this course but any parts or service kits will be supplied at an additional price.